15 November 2005

Resolved

No, laughing's not inherently bad; it's true. I love to laugh! I especially love to giggle. Giggling's just so much fun, and it feels so happy and lovely. Sometimes, when I'm really happy and safe, I like to just throw back my head and let a bubble of laughter burst from my belly. It feels good. But sometimes laughing makes me feel ill.

Like the other night. I lose track of myself occasionally, and I give in to the sarcasm and light-mindedness that threatens to fill my life with emptiness. Laughing makes me sick, not when I laugh out of joy, but when I laugh because of crude humor or innapropiately light conversation. We did that last night. My roommate owed us ice cream, so the three of us along with two other friends sat around in the kitchen (until we moved to the living room) and talked and laughed. At first it was good and fun. Then, as the night wore on, things got a little out of hand. I've been trying to reconcile this all night and day, but I've decided that it was just plain wrong. Laughing is not bad, lightmindedness is. It detracts from the Spirit and dulls my sensitivity to the truly beautiful.
I hearby resolve to renounce all frivolity and lightmindedness. I resolve to carry myself with dignity and treat all creations of the Almighty with respect.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home