21 January 2010

Love

I love being a mom. Every day I thank my Father in Heaven for the sublime gift of motherhood. My little guy is four months old, and as sweet as any child could be. He often looks up at me after I feed him and gives me a giant smile; then he gives several syllables of sweet cooing. Though he doesn't have the vocabulary to say it, I very clearly hear, "I love you, Mommy." At moments like that, my heart melts, and I can only smile back and respond, "I love you too, Sweetheart."

It makes me realize how much our Heavenly Father must love us, and how it warms Him (and us) to communicate with us. Though my prayers are feeble (much like my four-month-old's talking), He hears and understands. Through the gift of His Spirit I am able to feel His love, and my life is full. This, I believe is the essence of eternal joy. It's love.

3 Comments:

Blogger WhiteMama said...

You have beautifully put into words this sentiment.

Thanks for the insight.

Grammy

4:22 PM  
Blogger Kaitlyn said...

Beautiful!

11:59 AM  
Blogger T said...

I am so happy for you! I know that you are a wonderful mother.

6:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home