17 January 2006

Thanks, Friends

That (meaning the previous post) said, I must say to so many of you, that you have truly affected my life for the better. Perhaps had I not met you, I would have met someone else who could teach me much, if I let them, but the simple fact is, I met you. You each touched me in a way that only you could. And that has made all the difference.

To you who are my friends, I say, Thank You. You have taught me how to love, and you have shown me how I can be loved. You gave me hope in those moments when I thought there could be none found anywhere. It is because of you that I can say I have learned to live life with enthusiasm. I've heard it said that a friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and sings it back to you when you have forgotten the tune. You make a lovely chorus. Thanks, friends.

I can't begin to thank each of you personally, and this public forum is hardly the place I would do it if I could. But if you are a true friend, you know who you are. Whatever I may say about my life's choices, know that I have never for a moment regretted knowing you. Because I knew you, I have become a better person. You have helped me along the way to my eternal goal. Sister Lucy Mack Smith said, "We must cherish one another, watch over one another, comfort one another and gain instruction that we may all sit down in heaven together." I look forward to the day that we can all sit down in heaven together. Thanks, friends.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. What a tribute!

9:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would say "You're Welcome", but it wasn't me - it was you who made it so easy to love you. And we do, chicken dust. We do.

11:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow. do you know how many times you said thanks? a TON! oh well, if you want to get a point across, i guess you have to say it a lot! guess what? we changed classes today! yay! i have theatre now! yippee! i am excited. the rest of my classes are practically the same. except i have gym instead of health. pretty exciting! (and dont go rub it in about how you dont have school!) and there is snow! yay! i love the snow! well, i gtg! luvs!
£osy

10:04 PM  
Blogger Julie said...

ah, then i think of the spanish riviera and all its splendor. we woulda had the perfect community.

8:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home