16 April 2006

All Blessings to Impart

Happy Easter everyone.

I wish first to share one of my very favorite scriptures: "Listen to Him who is the advocate with the Father, who is pleading your cause before him--Saying: Father, behold the sufferings and death of him who did no sin, in whom thou was will pleased; behold the blood of thy Son which was shed, the blood of him whom thou gavest that thyself might be glorified; Wherefore, Father spare these my brethren that believe on my name, that they may come unto me and have everlasting life" (D&C 45:3-5)

I declare with all the energy of my soul that I know Jesus is the Christ. He is my Savior and Redeemer. It was He who in the councils of heaven stood and answered the call of the Father for a Savior, One who would leave His thrones above, descend below all men, and fulfill the will of the Father in ALL things. He had so perfected Himself as to rise to the level of godhood in the premortal realm, and He loved the Father and us so much as to sacrifice all to become the Savior of man. He was the Jehovah of the Old Testament, the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. He led His people Israel out of bondage in Egypt to a land of promise. He too was the God of Lehi, Nephi, Jacob, Alma, and the Book of Mormon peoples.

He came to earth as Jesus of Nazareth. I testify that He who was the first-born son of Mary was and is the literal Only Begotten Son of the Father in the flesh. From His mother he inherited mortality, the ability to feel the pains, temptations, and afflictions of mankind, and the ability to die. From His father He inherited power over the elements, even death. He lived among men in Jerusalem and Galilee, teaching, preaching, and healing. He called followers and gave them power to be apostles, to carry on His work after His death. He loved and served. At the end of His mortal ministry He suffered, bled and died for the salvation of mankind. I cannot fathom the anguish that caused Him, "even God, the greatest of all, to tremble becasue of pain, and to bleed at every pore, and to suffer both body and spirit--and would that [He] might not drink the bitter cup, and shrink" (D&C 19:18). But "glory be to the Father" He did, He suffered and He died, and He lived again. He became the Messiah, the Savior and Redeemer of all mankind. I praise and honor Him and will ALWAYS remember Him for His glorious sacrifice on my behalf.

After His death and resurrection, He appeared first to His apostles and others of His disciples in Jerusalem, then to the Nephites on the American continent. He has again returned in these latter-days to the boy prophet Joseph Smith to usher in this the dispensation of the fullness of times. He speaks today through living prophets to the people of His church and to the whole world.

I testify that Jesus is the Christ. He lived, died, and lives today. This truth I surely know. He stands at the head of His church, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. He is my Savior and Redeemer. To Him I give my whole heart, might, mind and strength. I will never forget what He has done for me. I KNOW THAT MY REDEEMER LIVES!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home